Alle 121Watt Ahrefs Bloofusion Germany Crawling Monday Farbentour Google Search Central Moz Neil Patel rustybrick RustyBrick Barry Schwartz Search Engine Roundtable searchmetrics SISTRIX SISTRIX DE Website Boosting
28.03.2022 RustyBrick Barry Schwartz Search Engine Roundtable
David Melamed On Review Gating, Misinformation, Trust Decay & Personalization In Marketing - #165
In part one of my interview with David Melamed, we spoke about his background and the beauty of the search marketing industry. David Melamed and I in part two then spoke about the long term viability and success of search spam, antitrust issues and more. In part three we talk about reviews, review gating and how to handle all of this properly.
0:00 - Online Reviews & Review Gating
2:35 - Misinformation Online
5:43 - Trust Decay
8:05 - Google Personalization In Search
10:30 - Empathy in Targeting
12:35 - The Value Of An Ad Impression
David explained that you really just want to work with companies that provide amazing service where the reviews are just amazing. He brought up the recent FTC fine for review gating and blocking negative reviews. He explained why that company got in trouble. He said if he receives a call from a company that needs help cleaning up reviews, he said, he won’t work with a company that is bad, he doesn’t want to clean up the mess.
He feels most people are sensible enough to censor out bad or misinformation. I disagree with him, I think those in the SEM industry pick up on it quickly because we are good at finding manipulation. But the average person, including our senators and congressmen and congresswomen don’t know how search works.
He said this kind of came from cookies and ultra high targeting, driving mass traffic that was without value, including entertainment news sites. So these sites drove tons of low quality traffic to the site, that devalued the ads themselves. Not only that, David said it also led to trust decay.
David brought up an example of how Amazon lost his trust and his purchases for months because Amazon targeted him for baby gifts when he and his wife have fertility issues. He was mad at Amazon and Amazon lost his trust and him as a customer for months. That led us to talking about emotion and empathy that companies should look for in their data when doing targeting. Personally, I never really get upset by data but the average person does. I just don’t see a way for companies to handle this without missing out on opportunities. We discuss how important personalization and data is for marketing and targeting, and maybe it is not important? In short, we don’t think data or personalization is done with bias.
Then we start talking a bit about Google Ads, the value of an impression and conversion rates but the action camera cut out.
You can learn more about David Melamed on his website at davidmelamed.com.
Die letzten 10 YouTube Videos von RustyBrick Barry Schwartz Search Engine Roundtable
- 26.09.2022 - Marguarite Humphrey's Career & Challenges Of Working With Large Franchises In Search Marketing
- 23.09.2022 - Many Google Algorithm Updates, Product Reviews, Confusing HTTPS Report & Google Ads Serving Bug
- 19.09.2022 - Christine Zirnheld, aka Shep On Google Ads Performance Max Campaigns -189
- 16.09.2022 - Google September Core Update, Helpful Content Update Done & Possible Local Search Ranking Update
- 12.09.2022 - Christine Zirnheld, aka Shep On Being A PPC Hypocrite - Vlog 188
- 09.09.2022 - Google Helpful Content Update Impact, Search Console Review Type Changes, Google Ads Updates & More
- 06.09.2022 - SEO Meetup In Jerusalem - Sponsored by Wix
- 02.09.2022 - Weak Google Helpful Content Update, Links In Search Algorithms, Google Ads Glitch & More
- 29.08.2022 - Jill Fecher On Podcasting & Agency Business Development - 187
- 26.08.2022 - Google Helpful Content Update Live, Search Console News, Google Ads Local Campaigns Auto-Upgrades
Alle Videos auflisten